Wednesday, 22 July 2015

SURVIVING A SHIT DAY

SURVIVING A SHIT DAY

  I have been waiting for someone like you
Who knows well the path that I follow
Who recognises the person I was, am, will be
Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I turned the page and saw the silent sea
In all its grand and glorious hues;
I saw you and me catching our breath,
In its greens, its greys and blues.

I watch as the emptiness drains away,
Taking before it the dirt and scum
Which dribbles through rusted holes,
Whilst men sweat and boast in the sun.

Now you are here as the swallows fly
To search for winter warmth,
Not caring who they leave behind
As they boldly venture forth.

I have been waiting here for you;
I know well your grief and sorrow.
No need to explain what is in your mind,
No need. No time to borrow.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment